Acupuncture originated in ancient China over 3000 years ago. More recently, acupuncture has become more popular with media to address various ailments.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture aids in correcting imbalances of qi, or life energy, which is responsible for pain and other illnesses.
At Atrium Health Services, we use acupuncture to successfully treat many musculoskeletal pains. Acupuncture also affects the nervous system, making it effective for other conditions such as:
• Blood pressure management
• Smoking cessation as well as other addiction concerns
• Anxiety, depression, and other mental disorders
• Insomnia or other sleeping disorders
• Eye, ears, nose, and throats issues
• Women’s health issues
If you have any questions or concerns about if acupuncture would be right for you, give our office a call at (314) 872-9955